There are many casino games available in both classic and online casinos, and with the opportunities offered by the Internet and different animation methods, the choice of online casino games is even larger online than it is in traditional casinos. Certainly one of the most important types of casino games is progressive jackpot pokies, which can be found on every gambling website there s, in different forms and designs. Just like many misconceptions have followed land-based pokies machines, the case is the same online pokies. Here are some of the most common and the most wide-known misconceptions about this popular casino game:
Cycle of payoffs – this is probably the most common misconception among the pokies players all over the world. There is a theory among gamblers stating that pokies machines are preprogrammed so that they have a cycle of payoffs. This story was around long before the online pokies have appeared, and naturally, it has spilled over into the online setting of pokies games. It seems that this misconception is even more popular now, since there are programs and logarithms for everything, and it is easy for people to believe that something like this exists for programming the slot machine to pay the players off in regular cycles.
The theory of the cycle of payoffs leads us to the next most common misconception, and it is the belief that the longer you play, the chances of winning are bigger. For people who believe that the payoff is due to occur after a certain number of games, it is not unordinary to play online pokies for a long time, feeling that they are closer to winning the jackpot with every new game they play. The truth is that online pokies, just like the land-based ones, operate on principle of random number generator. It is a quite simple algorithm that creates a different number with every spin, regardless of the number of games previously played on the pokies machine. This means that, no matter how hard it may be to accept, every pokies game is completely separate from the previous and the following one.
There is a misconception which is very common when it comes to online pokies, and it says that if there are few people on the server at the same time, it is more difficult to win the jackpot. Similarly, if there are many people on the server, playing the fame at the same time, it is easier to win the main prize. Once again, this is very far from the truth. Just as every game of pokies you play online is separate from all the previous and the following ones, the same thing is valid for the games of other players. Again thanks to random number generator, each pokies game played on the same server is completely unrelated to the other games of the same player or to the games of other players online.
There are some other misconceptions about this popular casino game, but these are the most common ones, which people still tend to believe on large scales. In order to manage time and money you spend on online pokies, make sure not to be led by these false beliefs.
With the availability of Internet connection and a vast number of casino websites, gambling has been brought to a new level and has exceeded the limits set by traditional brick-and-mortar casinos. Nowadays it is not necessary to visit a casino in order to gamble, but it is possible to be done from your PC, mobile phone or tablet; from your home or any place you may be and which has the access to the Internet. The development of mobile phones and operative systems has made it easier to play a game of Android or iPhone pokies, roulette, poker or any other game at any time and any place.
Precisely because of such ease of access to casino games and online gambling, it is believed that the number of gambling addicts is on the rise. It is true that everything should be taken in moderation, and the same goes for gambling. It is a common misconception that online gambling is more addictive, but the truth is that it is irresponsible behavior what creates an addict. If you lack self-control, you might get addicted to traditional gambling equally easily as to online gambling. Here are some of the signs of gambling addiction, and if you notice them in your behavior, you need to take steps against it:
- Feeling ashamed – one of the first steps that require a call for action is the feeling of shame when you gamble online. When a person feels ashamed, it means that they do something that should not be done or something that would be judged by their closest friends and family or by the community. If you used to play casino games just for fun or with smaller sums, but now you feel guilty and ashamed because of gambling, it is time to change your habits.
- Gambling secretly – when you start gabling in secrecy, it is one of the alarming signs that point at early gambling addiction. Together with the feeling of shame comes gambling in secrecy, without telling about your wins, losses and games to anyone. When you start gambling secretly, it also calls for action and requires some changes.
- No time or money limits – before you start gambling, it is important to set the limits in time spent playing the games, as well as the amount of money you bet. If you notice that you exceed the limits too often, especially if you keep raising them, you need to quit gambling.
- The gambler’s fallacy – this is a situation when a gambler starts believing that the more he plays, the chances are better that he will won. If you get caught in this trap, make sure that change your gambling habits and get back on the trace – the number of played games has nothing to do with the chance of winning.
- Wrong priorities – if you start placing online gambling before your other activities and chores, it is one of the signs that you have a problem. Choosing gambling over your work, family time, hobbies and the like is the alarm that starts ringing when it is time to quit gambling, or to set your priorities straight again.
- Risky business and financial problems – one of the most serious signs of gambling addiction is getting involved in risky business. Many gambling addicts will borrow money so they can go on gambling, and the next step is that they will steal it. If you notice any of these signs in your behavior, you should stop gambling and seek the help of an expert if needed.