Curb Appeal in Fredericksburg Texas
The three most important factors in selling a house are location, condition, and price (and you thought it was location, location, location..). Located right in the middle of the Texas Hill Country, Fredericksburg Texas is well known for its tidy and well maintained homes and in order for your home to compete in the Fredericksburg real estate market, it better be neat and tidy as well. In the The Historic District of Fredericksburg not only follows the neat and tidy standard but also the high expectation to maintain the historic character of the property. Putting your home on the Fredericksburg real estate market requires checking every aspect of your house to repair, freshen, or change whatever is necessary to sell it. Here are tips that will help:
- Overall appearance: Remove any junk or clutter from the yard. This includes tree limbs and leaves, but especially goes for junk cars or parts, lawn tractors, etc. If the exterior of the house is dirty or moldy, give it a good scrubbing. If it needs paint, get competitive bids if you can't do it yourself.
- Grass: If possible, re-seed or sod any bare areas of the lawn.
- Landscaping: Trim all shrubbery and plantings around the home. Trim trees if necessary, especially dead limbs. If the season is right, plant colorful flowers where appropriate. Color experts say that houses will sell faster with yellow trim or yellow-flower borders in front. Add mulch to planting beds and around trees - it's an inexpensive but very effective way of freshening the look of the yard.
- Driveway: If the driveway is stone and not in the shape it once was, add a coat of gravel. If it is asphalt, consider resealing.
- Decks and porches: Powerwash and seal, stain, or paint.
- Gutters and downspouts: Check gutters and downspouts to make sure they are clear and functioning properly.
- Lights: Make sure exterior lights are working.
- Windows: Make sure both the exterior and interior of windows are clean. Replace any worn, cracked, or faded blinds.
Consider your neighborhood. In the situation where you are selling your house, keeping up with the Joneses makes sense. In the case of Fredericksburg real estate, each neighborhood has its own unique characteristics. By recognizing the common positive visual aspects of the Fredericksburg homes around your immediate area and working to emphasize them in your own house, you will enhance your property's appeal.
Help your home show the potential of the Texas Hill Country, make it as special as Fredericksburg Texas and you can be sure it will get the attention it deserves!